Entrepreneurship is not only a lonely journey at times, it’s a period of time where times are tough, but you may not have the right people to tell you that you are doing fine. These are times when you may feel discouraged with drop in self-confidence and self-esteem, that your efforts have been wasted and that you should give up and do something else that others are succeeding in. But in fact, you’re comparing apples to oranges and all you need is someone or something to quickly remind you of that to pick yourself up and move on.
Recently, I came across a mind-blowing article by Thomas Oppong titled: “How to Instantly Reframe Your Mindset And Radically Improve Your Life” From the article, I learned that success doesn’t come from behaviours of others we see, but from the thoughts in their minds that we never got to see. Those thoughts are what led to their behaviours that translate to success.
Hence, if we desire success, we must work on our thoughts and mindset. It’s a prerequisite, not an option. Thanks to Thomas Oppong, I’ve extracted 12 helpful quotes from his article to share with you. The full infographic is right below. They brought me more clarity and motivation to improve how I work on my business from the time I read them. May you find success soon!
- “I truly believe in positive synergy, that your positive mindset gives you a more hopeful outlook, and belief that you can do something great means you will do something great.” — Russell Wilson
- “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”— Henry David Thoreau
- “If you imagine less, less will be what you undoubtedly deserve,” — Debbie Millman
- “Today, you have the opportunity to transcend from a disempowered mindset of existence to an empowered reality of purpose-driven living. Today is a new day that has been handed to you for shaping. You have the tools, now get out there and create a masterpiece.” — Steve Maraboli
- “Success comes to those who become success-conscious. If you don’t aim at an object, how the heck on earth do you think you can get it?”— Bruce Lee
- “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.”— Napoleon Hill
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t — you’re right.”— Henry Ford
- “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.”— Brian Tracy
- “People with a growth mindset believe that they can improve with effort. They outperform those with a fixed mindset, even when they have a lower IQ, because they embrace challenges, treating them as opportunities to learn something new.” — Travis Bradberry
- “Stating you intentions for how you wish to think, feel and act is the beginning of upgrading the neurological pathways in your brain that eventually shift your behaviours to those that support your life, instead of repeating behaviours that keep you stuck.” — Lyndelle Palmer Clarke
- “You will not do incredible things without an incredible dream.” — John Eliot
- “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” — Wade Boggs